Sixreasons why ABCD is worth a closer look…
- ABCD treats people with respect and dignity by
- assuming all people have skills and abilities – and it seeks them out.
- It is less interested in people’s deficits – so takes little interest in this.
- ABCD focuses on learning…. it seeks us to find patterns in what works. It asks what values or principles sits behind good / resilient communities.
- This means we can look back at the projects or communities which haven’t worked and mine those projects for what we can learn. Sometimes leaders blame when things go wrong. ABCD gives us learning as a positive alternative.
- ABCD demonstrates that the church is learning around the misuse of power with the vulnerable.