Powerful questions draw groups together and ask them for deeper insight. Here are some of our favourites.
Bringing a group together
- Why did you choose to attend this conversation?
- What inside you has called you to be here today?
- What question, if answered, could make the most difference to this situation?
- Why do you care so much about this?
- What are the dilemmas and opportunities in this situation?
- How does this function?
Flushing out assumptions
- What assumptions need to be tested in this situation?
- What is the elephant in the room look like?
- What questions are taboo in this topic?
- What would it take to create change on this issue?
- What are you most passionate about?
- To which of these options are you willing to give some of your own time and effort?
- What seed might we plant today that could make the most difference to the future of your place?
Drawing to a close
- What is the one thing you might do in response to our conversation today?
Most of our work in this section is about working with groups. But Janet Woodlock (Churches of Christ Federal Coordinator) who we met at Surrender in 2016 reminded us about the power of questions in 1 on 1 conversations.
- What’s great about us?
- What if you could make a difference?
- What’s your best gift?
- If you/ we were able to move past this issues – what would it look like?