Many church congregations have members who have a mental health concern. And sometimes it isn’t clear which is the best way for a congregation to respond. “So you start a support group, or a pastoral care group or a community garden?”
Simon Dent (Coromandel Valley Uniting Church) has asked Faith in Action this very question. “So what should a church pastor do?
This Monday (22nd Dec) Uniting Communities and BaptistCare SA is having a conversation about what we could / would offer to congregations as you work this through for yourself.
So if you have a quiet day on the Monday before Christmas and want to come to listen in to a conversation which begins to explore what I’m calling “Good Mental Health for Congregations without getting clinical”
- Anne van Loon (BaptistCare SA and Australian Faith Community Nursing Association)
- Terry Wilson (Service Manager Independant Living, Uniting Communities)
- Simon Dent (Lead Pastor Coromandel Valley Uniting)
- Joanna Hubbard (Senior Consultant Church Community Development BaptistCare SA) and
- Peter McDonald (UnitingCommunities – Executive Advocacy and Community Relations)
The doors are open even if you just want to listen in!
Monday 22nd December 10-12noon
Coromandel Valley UCA
415 Main Road, Coromandel Valley