I’m listening in to a conversation between UnitingCare West and Corporate Rebels who were unpacking Self Managing Teams.
Here is the top eight movements in the move toward Self Managing Teams.
1. Move away from profit and toward purpose and values
2. Moving away from hierachial pyramid toward of teams – toward functional
3. Move away from directive leadership toward supportive leadership
4. Move away from pland and predict toward experiment and adapt
5. Move away rules and control toward freedom and trust
6. Move away from centralised authority toward distributed authority
7. Move away from secrecy to radical transparency
8. Move away from job descriptions toward talents and mastery
Note quite sure what I might lift out of this…